Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Year, Start Fresh

Happy New Year!!!!
People say a new year brings a fresh start. I always thought the people that said things like that were silly because there is no way one day can change your outlook on life completely. As I sat by the window this morning, looking out at the snow, my coffee in hand, alone while everyone slept I thought about what I want to change about myself, do extra, or get rid of in 2013. While doing that, I realized a new year really is a fresh start. You get to start the year learning from the mistakes you made in 2012. You get to start the year with mature thoughts about what you are going to do for YOURSELF this year. You get to reflect on past anger and forget about it because you realize it is truly in the past. And you get to start the year off smiling because of the love you feel and share with your military man.
This is the year I get to see my love again. It is still a little ways away, but nothing makes me more excited about this year than seeing him again. As I sat at the window this morning I cried just thinking about seeing him again. He is such a major part of my life that I truly do not know what I would do without him. Of course these things do not go through everyone's mind, but they sure did go through mine this morning. 2013 is going to be a wonderful year. 2013 is going to be a memorable year. I am going to make it one! What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment