Thursday, February 7, 2013

Not A Day Goes By

Most of us are familiar with the country band Lonestar and their song "Not A Day Goes By." Tonight I was sitting in my room playing Pandora, and this song came on. I have never realized how much that song pertains to our lives as Military SOs. There is truly not a day that I do not think of my Marine. Every day things remind me of him and us. Music can help us get through those hard times by reminding us that we are not alone in this. We have each other for love, support and motivation while the loves of our lives defend the best country in the world; however, there are some days and nights that music reminds us of what we do not have with us. Yes our men are in our hearts every second of the day, but tonight all I can do after hearing "Not A Day Goes By" by Lonestar, is cry.
Crying does not show weakness; crying shows that you care so strongly about someone so amazing. Tonight, I cry over the amazing memories we have together and the need and want to add to our list of accomplishments and adventures. I cry because I miss one of the best things God has given me. But the main reason I cry tonight sitting here at my computer, is because while I sit here and complain about how hard it is to be away for my other half, it breaks my heart to think how hard it is on him. He is defending America, he is sacrificing his life, he is putting himself in harms way for people he does not even know. I am doing nothing in comparison to the sacrifice he is putting forth for our country.
As I sit here, cry and feel selfish for complaining about missing him so much and wanting my Marine and my relationship back, I realize I chose this life. I chose to love a strong, independent man. I chose to be second to the military. Sometimes being reminded that crying is okay and those memories will happen soon enough is all we need. You know who reminded me of that today? My amazing Marine. He got on Facebook today and all he said was:
"Hello my beautiful! I only have 5 minutes on the computer, but I wanted to let you know that you are perfect for me and I LOVE YOU!"
The simplest words, the simplest gestures have the most meaning. Don't read past them because you have heard them or seen them before. Read each word like it is the first time he ever messaged you or talked to you. Let each word have as much meaning as it did the first time you heard it from him. And do not let the power of the phrase "I love you" lose any meaning.
"Not A Day Goes By that I don't think of you. After all this time, you're still with me it's true."

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post!!!! My boyfriend is a marine and he is gone for 7 months so I can relate with you as I sometimes too think the same things. And its crazy how a little message can get you smiling from ear to ear ahhhhh!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete