Thursday, December 27, 2012

It Happens

Today my Marine and I got into an argument. As I felt like the whole world was crashing down on me I realized one argument will not make or break your relationship, especially when the argument is done over a Facebook message. The argument we had is a reoccurring argument, but today I finally realized arguing over the internet will NOT solve anything. The time you have to talk to one another over a deployment should be seen as precious; therefore, your time should not be spent arguing. Sometimes you have to put whatever is going on in the back of your mind and forget about it until the time is right. Yes it will pop up in your head, and you will think about all the things you want to say to him, but biting your tongue can be beneficial as well. Don't let an argument consume you because you are stronger and wiser than the silly comments being thrown back and forth.
On a deployment your military man needs to focus on what is important: his safety, his emotional health, his physical health and his mission.  On deployment there will be times that he needs to put you out of his mind because you distract him, positively of course. The last thing a man or woman needs while they are deployed is negative distraction from home, and that is where we CAN actually help them. It is our job here on the homefront to be strong for our men. There are going to be weak moments, it is inevitable, but those are not times to complain to your man. They already know we love and miss them, they do not need our tears. Tears only hurt them and make them think deployment is ruining us and making us weak. So, when you are sad you have your friends, family and me to help! Don't let the stress of deployment come between you and your man. Any issues you have, definitely mention them, but discuss them when he is home. Write it down so you do not forget. And don't do what I did. Do not jump to conclusions and make assumptions, especially if you are stubborn like me. You will only push the situation and make it worse than what it needs to be. Today I learned from my mistake, my Marine and I are fine, but I feel badly that I distracted him and took him away, mentally, from what is important right now. All I want is for him to be safe and come home to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment